Images play a very important role in every type of graphic design. Whether you see a business card or a web site layout, you’ll notice that images give the design an aesthetic appeal and deliver the message effectively. There are mainly two types of images, raster and vector. They may look same to you but raster and vector images are different at core. A vector graphic is made of interconnecting points and its resolution independent. Graphic designers use vector graphics in their graphic design projects as a result of the varied benefits it offers.
- Easy to Design- You can easily create a vector image using Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator. These software are user friendly and you’ll be able to design beautiful images using their various tools. The profit of a vector image is that though it could possibly be designed very easily, you’ll get a wealthy output.
- You Can Scale It Down or Enlarge It- This is the perfect advantage of graphics. Most graphic design experts use vector format for designing logos since the image doesn’t distort whenever you change its size. Your client will obviously use his corporate logo in different sizes and in different places. A vector graphics never loses it quality when it’s enlarged or scaled right down to a smaller size.
- No Image Distortion- When you are trying to enlarge a raster image, it gets pixilated and the image loses its detail. However, whenever you enlarge a vector image, it never gets blurry. You can enlarge a vector graphics to any size you ought to without worrying in regards to the image quality.
- Editing Is Easier- When you edit a image, you need not edit the entire image. The elements of a vector graphics might be edited individually and it makes your job hassle free. Select the parts you ought to edit and work on it without affecting other parts of the design.
- Small File Size- Image uploading and downloading is a serious issue in website development. If your website viewers need to wait for a very long time simply to see a picture, they may leave your site. Vector images are very small in size, in comparison with raster images. When you utilize a vector image in your website layout, it loads much faster and pleases your audience.
- Best for Detailed Illustrations- If you ought to draw an in depth illustration of a product, then it is often higher to attract a image.Its use dots and contours, and that lets you create sharp illustrations.
- Looks Good When Printed- Another major advantage of vector graphics is that not only it looks good in web, but in print as well. When you design your print commercial in vector format, you’ll be able to be rest assured that the commercial will retain all its visual appeal.
- Aesthetically Pleasing- A vector image all the time looks clear and maintains its quality in any size. If you modify the scale of a bitmap image, it is going to lose its visual appeal, but a vector image will retain its aesthetic beauty.
- Great for Animation and Caricatures- The clarity of vector image makes it a perfect selection for animation and caricatures. If you might be making a business presentation, you should use vector graphics in it as well.
These are the benefits of vector graphics. You should use vector graphics to supply a light-weight, scalable, skilled and attractive graphic design to your client.