In today’s world every little thing goes digital. Communication is becoming Digital Communication, commercial is now Digital Advertisement. So with these changes the meaning and definition of designing has also modified and is now often called Digital Designing.
Now do not get confused by the this word.
Simple meaning of that is any designing done on digital platform is often called Digital Designing. In early days people used to attract by hand on paper/ books but now same things are drawn by hand however the difference is now we use stylus as an alternative of pencil, now we have tabs, screens to attract somewhat than on paper. We fill color in our art work but not with water colours or paint colours but digitally in software’ like Photoshop, illustrator, digital painter tools etc.Earlier we used to have different sorts of brushes for painting,hard,soft,thin, thick,round, square,etc but now we only have one stylus and rest settings can easily be done within the software itself.
Digital designing in not only limited to Digital painting it includes all other types of designing:
1. Graphic Designing: Graphic designing was often called flat designing. The images we see on a page advertisements about other things and all, Visiting cards, brochure, pamphlets, etc. But now with the introduction of Digital even the definition of Graphic designing has also modified. New age graphic designing is breaking all of the stereotypes of flat image designs.
2. 3D Designing: Any objects which can be created in 3D software’ are called 3D designing. These objects are rendered as a way to view them or use outside of the software. These images have depth that differentiate then from flat images or graphic designs. With the introduction of 3D printers, this field can be becoming infinite; unlimited variety of opportunities and work.
3. Video Production/editing: Video production can be a type of digital designing. You create an entire video along with your own creativity and present them in video form. Videos are only images playing per second.
4. Motion graphics: Branch of video production but stuffed with 3D motion. So this combines the work of graphic in addition to 3D.
5. Architectural Designing: A branch of 3D but in architectural form. Those constructing plans you see on pages are created in 3D with the assistance of assorted 3D software’ giving a sensible outputs. This field is just not limited to only images but is now have prolonged to videos and even to VR.
6. Product Designing: Product designing is combined type of graphic and 3D because first the product is designed in sketch or digital art form and then in 3D, so this field is created after the introduction of Digital Designing.
7. Package Designing: How the things will probably be packed and delivered to customers, that is what is finished in package designing. This is the filed that’s emerged from graphic designing.
So the list goes on and on a never ending one. As the world is now becoming digital so many opportunities are increasing on a regular basis.