Kaltura, a video experience cloud firm, has released a recent report titled ‘Riding the Wave: 2024 Survey Report on the Use of AI Technologies in Marketing Teams‘.
Based on a worldwide survey involving tons of of marketing professionals, the report provides a comprehensive overview of AI’s influence on the marketing and events industry, exploring how they harness AI to reinforce their marketing operations.
The marketing industry has largely embraced AI tools, with 88% of respondents having already adopted or experimented with them, with the remaining 12% planning on experimenting within the near future. 69% of respondents have at the very least one paid AI service, with 39% having multiple subscriptions. Regardless of the extent of adoption, marketing teams see probably the most significant impact of AI in asset creation and personalisation, with content personalisation (47%) and content production and creation (44%) being the highest areas.
The report found that AI has also made a notable impact on lead generation as well. Among marketers who reported frequent use of AI tools, 25% reported a positive impact on lead-gen. While only 7% of respondents report having the ability to attribute results in AI with certainty. An additional 41% have observed a rise in lead generation that could possibly be attributed to AI.
“We are not even a 12 months into the GenAI revolution, and already 84% of marketing teams are seeing value and are using AI to hyper-personalise their marketing materials and activities in ways in which marketers could only have dreamt of merely just a few years ago,” said Lisa Bennett, EVP marketing of Kaltura.
“The indisputable fact that frequent users of AI tools are reporting measurable impact on key metrics akin to content creation and lead-gen this early within the era of AI shows that the true scale of change has yet to be realised. However, it’s critical that we understand how marketers and others are using AI in order that we are able to proceed to construct tools that best support their growing range of use cases and needs as they navigate the unchartered power of AI.”
Despite the rapid pace of adoption, the perceived value of AI widely varies. While 71% of respondents view AI tools as “somewhat” helpful, 17% currently see little to no value, and 13% see it as a greatly helpful tool. Interestingly, amongst marketers who continuously use AI tools, 33% of that demographic view AI as greatly impactful. Additional concerns abound regarding data security and privacy (50%) and the problem of integration with existing systems (49%).
Kaltura plans to proceed inserting generative AI capabilities into its broad range of products to reinforce content creation, search and discovery, interactivity, and analytics reporting. These include, for instance, content repurposing together with auto-generation of content and improved insights intended to streamline event creation, grow attendance, boost content discovery and end-user experience, and increase engagement.
Report Methodology: The results of the report were based on a survey conducted in August-September 2023. Participants were composed of marketing and event professionals including including Chief Marketing Officers (CMOs), Vice Presidents of Marketing (VP Marketing), and Directors of Marketing. Our survey garnered responses from a complete of 500 dedicated full-time employees in firms with over 1,000 employees based within the United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, and Italy.
Interested in hearing leading global brands discuss subjects like this in person? Find out more about Digital Marketing World Forum (#DMWF) Europe, London, North America, and Singapore.
Read the complete article here