Managing tasks is synonymous with managing people.
While workspaces have moved from on-site to hybrid models, the necessity for effective team collaborations has skyrocketed. Here’s when technology suits in. You need software solutions to make communication easy and effective. 47% of project managers state that they’re expected to deliver more value with a limited timeline and budget.
So in the event you’re a small distant team or a giant business with 1000’s of employees, this text will profit each. The article enlists the eight best free task management software you should use to enhance the productivity of your enterprise and boost worker performance.
Let’s dive right in.
What is task management?
Task management is managing and monitoring a task throughout its life cycle. From planning and testing to tracking and reporting, task management helps improve a person or worker’s productivity in achieving their goals. Moreover, it also improves the collaborative effort of a team in accomplishing collective goals.
While you actually can manage a task by making a to-do list on pen and paper, digitalizing it makes more sense, especially in the event you’re a business. Many distant collaboration tools help foster communication and effectiveness of task management when your team is working remotely. However, it’s advisable to go for a task management tool. To know why, read on.
Task management software offers many advantages to your organization. We’ve listed just a few of them below.
- It is a digital tool that helps managers manage their teams, and organize, assign and track tasks of all sizes.
- It helps your team complete projects more efficiently by organizing and prioritizing tasks.
- You can use these apps on mobile phones as well.
- It gives you real-time insights that aid decision-making and enhance collaboration.
- It saves time by streamlining and automating recurring tasks.
- It allows you to communicate with the respected team member with a click.
- You can monitor the worker’s work progress, manage due dates and know what exactly is going on even when the worker isn’t working from the office.
Hence, free task management software is vital to spice up a business’s productivity. Now, let’s take a have a look at some free task management software.
10 Best Free Task Management Software
No doubt that if an agency owner or a team member needs task management software simply to tidy up things going around, I’d definitely recommend Productive. It is a superbly suited task management software for agencies of all sizes and shapes. It means that you can control your budget for every project or client, deliver projects faster and simplify your billing.
Productive can also be utilized by software developers, designers, consultants and in house teams as well for;
- Budgeting to get access to all of your budgets from one place
- Reporting to create or personalize your reports and even select from pre-built templates that suit you best
- Time tracking to get more accurate data to run a highly profitable agency
- Billing to eliminate the hours spent on invoicing
- Resource planning to see the longer term
- Project management to streamline project delivery
By using Productive, you possibly can say goodbye to unlimited spreadsheets and rushing between multiple platforms just to administer your tasks. It means that you can collaborate along with your clients or project owners to hurry up the giving of updates and feedback. So, nobody misses any updates, comments or reactions on the project!
Key Features of Productive
- Streamlines processes with project templates
- Estimates tasks and track their progress
- Keeps everyone in the loop
- Gets tasks updated by the mobile app
- Schedules teammates to make time tracking easier
- Books upcoming calls with placeholders
- Keeps operational data in one secure place
You can unlock more advanced features by upgrading your free trial to considered one of the paid options at any time.
Get more done with ClickUp’s advanced task management features! The free task management software means that you can plan, track and manage any style of work from start to complete. When you begin a project things could appear complicated but in the event you can plan or visualize the duty or project through the use of ClickUp, it is going to bring fresh air to the method and smoothen each step. Being capable of brainstorm along with your teammates may even make task management simpler at ClickUp. You can edit or draft documents in real time and update everyone on the team by notifications.
Key Features of ClickUp
- Offers multiple views
- Has infinite customization opportunities in accordance with your workflow, personal preferences, business model, etc.
- Improves cross-departmental and client communication
- Provides comprehensive real time reporting
- Helps manage your team higher
- Offers multiple integrations with other platforms
- Offers dozens of pre-built templates
- Provides world class 24/7 super friendly customer support
It is secure to say that Connecteam is a comprehensive software that provides small businesses all tools they should manage on a regular basis operations, HR matters, communication, etc., no matter employees working from anywhere. It means that you can create tasks quickly, add sub-tasks, and pictures, assign deadlines, etc. The employees get an fast notification, and you furthermore may get to see which worker reads the duty.
The free task management software allows sending and receiving push notifications in real time. You can send push-reminder notifications, supplying you with a transparent overview of all of the tasks on the dashboard. With the assistance of advanced search filters, you possibly can search for an worker, the due date of tasks, completion status, and an overall 360-degree view of where tasks are at a given moment.
The tool also makes it easy to debate any topic or queries you’ll have along with your teams. Everything gets logged into the tool through the built-in chat, which could be reviewed anytime later. The software also has recurring tasks and checklists you utilize each day that could be copied and pasted without you recreating them every time.
This free task management software’s life-long free plan enables usage for as much as 10 users.
Key Features of Connecteam
- It allows you to create custom checklists and digital forms
- Enables you to trace real-time performance
- Offers GPS timestamp options and e-signatures
- Task automation options
- Enables task-specific communication
- Offers checklists, recurring tasks, and forms management
You can avail yourself of a free plan to your team before upgrading to unlimited storage for just a few dollars a month. The free version has all of the features. After using them, you possibly can resolve whether you must upgrade to unlimited storage.
Any.do is a free task management software that goals to show you how to manage your life with features including a calendar, tasks, to-do lists, reminders and a tasks assistant.
With this free task manager, you possibly can organize your tasks into lists and projects, prioritize and categorize them with color tags, set due dates, and add notes, subtasks, and attachments. You can share lists and assign tasks. It means that you can keep track of your progress and set one-time, recurring and placement based reminders.
The paid plan includes more advanced features, including advanced recurring reminders, customized themes, and a limiteless every day planner.
Key Features of Any.do
- It has a to-do list
- Offers a every day planner
- Has a calendar
Trello will not be just task management software. It goals to offer its users with a shared perspective on projects and organize and prioritize them. The tool’s task manager allows you to create customizable to-do lists and workflows. You can create tasks, and assign them to team members and every task status can also be shared with the team member. You may even automate tasks, assign them to team members, set deadlines and likewise add powerup to spice up your give attention to a single goal.
The free plan of this tool is best fitted to businesses with small teams or a set of people.
Key Features of Trello
- Allows you to view and set a timeline of tasks
- Provides ready-to-use templates
- Offers third-party seamless integration options
- Automates your tasks or workflows without coding
This is a free task management software with a built-in task manager. It’s an all-in-one collaboration platform that lets you turn any message right into a task. You can assign these tasks to any team member, and filter them by dates, status and assigned members. Moreover, it allows you to discuss any task in a related flow with the associated team members.
The tool offers Kanban boards to view and manage all tasks from a single place. From setting a due date to a task to assigning an individual and priority to a task, the tool allows you to do the whole lot.
Key Features of Chanty
- Lets you present and manage tasks on a Kanban board
- Assigns tasks priority-wise to team members
- Enables setting due dates and priority
Monday is a straightforward task manager to your team. Any business can use this free task management software to start. The tools enable you to set deadlines, set statuses, view them for every project, and have multiple boards. You may even assign jobs to different employees and monitor the status of every assigned task.
It allows you to split boards into track deadlines and categories, set copy and priorities and pasteboards. With the free version of this tool, you get a 14-day trial post which you’ll want to go for the paid version. This will not be true for college kids or nonprofit organizations. In that case, you should use the software at no cost by just filling out the required forms.
Key features of monday.com
- Provides countless visual boards
- Allows you to work on tasks or project real time along with your teammates
- Offers dozens of ready-to-use templates to make the management process easier
- Provides documents viewing and sharing features
A task management tool’s purpose is eventually to spice up the companies’ productivity, worker engagement and satisfaction. Taskworld, a free task management software, is loaded with features that make it easy so that you can scale your organization’s execution. With this tool, you possibly can assign tasks and track work using visual boards, monitor the time spent on projects and consider performance reports in a project timeline.
Team messaging and file management are some add-on features of this tool. The software is free, and it includes unlimited projects and tasks and about 1GB of storage. However, the plan is proscribed to only five users.
Key features of Taskworld
- Provides efficient project management
- Offers time tracking
- Allows you to create detailed performance reports
- Monitors project timeline
HeySpace is a free task management software especially useful for teams working remotely. The tool has features including chat, calendar, boards and timeline features. You can create task lists, assign sub-tasks and even set project start and end dates, make recurring tasks, and assign them to team members.
The primary feature of this tool is that it lets you create and schedule task lists to administer your work easily. Moreover, you possibly can filter, sort and seek for specific tasks to observe the progress of every one. The free version of this software has limited features and is simply available for teams with as much as five users. However, the paid version has advanced features.
Key features of HeySpace
- Creates and schedules recurring tasks
- Assigns tags
- Gets task estimates
- Provides video calling
- Monitors and updates task deadlines
If you’re searching for a cloud-based task management software that helps teams manage projects of all sizes and kinds efficiently, Asana needs to be your go-to tool. With this tool, you possibly can assign tasks to the team members and set deadlines for every task. The team members can view the priority jobs together with their deadlines.
The tool helps you manage and assign tasks effectively and helps your team members know what they need to perform. The calendar view lets you see and schedule the roles. As an admin, you track each task’s state and likewise visualize it when needed. The free plan allows as much as 15 members to make use of the tool.
Key features of Asana
- Gives an outline of the project
- Offers easy reporting
- Offers calendar view
The tool is straightforward to make use of because it has an easy User Interface. The plan starts from 10.99/month per user; nonetheless, a free trial is out there.
While the article enlists eight free task management tools so that you can try, selecting the one which suits your requirements entirely lies upon you. Thoroughly know your existing management in place, the loopholes you face each day, and which tool will show you how to fill those gaps.
Whether you’re a small business owner, a large business chain, or a solopreneur, a task management tool is a sure-shot option to level up the team’s productivity and smoothen any glitches coming in the best way of working efficiently. Many task management tools have paid versions with advanced features.
However, it’s best to try a free tool before upgrading to a paid version.
Read the complete article here