A website is one of the critical things that represent your company. It might be one of the first places where the customer or other businesses know your product or service.
There are a lot of advantages to having a website. For example, the website is accessible for customers at any time and place. During non-business hours customers can view your products or services, check the prices or get to know your brand.
It leads to customers getting all the information they need in one place without any other interaction required from your business. Having a well-optimized website saves time for your business and leads to a better customer experience.
Some companies develop websites themselves, but our recommendation is to use a web development agency. It will save you time, complications, and other efforts to invest in developing your business plan.
We all understand that having a well-balanced website is essential. However, the website needs to be constantly updated to represent your company best.
So What Is the Website Refresh, and What Are the Key Indicators That It Is the Time to Refresh Your Website?
A website refresh is relatively similar to upgrading your apartment or just one room in it. You don’t start building your house all over again. However, maybe your aesthetic taste has changed, and it does not represent you as well as it used to.
The same may happen with your website. Your company’s goals, products, or services might not have been the same as at the beginning when you first started the business.
Not every website is the same. Some of them need to be updated more often than others. It depends on many different factors, such as the purpose of your business the number of products and services it offers.
It is essential to keep in mind that refreshing your website does not mean redesigning it. It is a much simpler process compared to redesigning. Redesigning the website may take a while and does refer to more complicated changes. Where refreshing the website may mean changing the fonts or updating the content.
You may wonder when it is the right time to refresh your website. It is recommended to restore your website every year. However, a few indicators may help you decide the right time to refresh your website sooner or later.
Key indicators to refresh the website as soon as possible:
- Your bounce rate is higher than average. It is one of the best indicators that your website may not represent your brand the best. Suppose customers are clicking on your ads but then leaving your website. It may suggest a poor User Experience. There are a lot of different websites to help you identify the specific areas for improvement in the User Experience.
- You’re not getting as many conversions as you used to. This indicator is tricky. It can lead to a few different problems, but your website might be one of them.
- Your website looks dull compared to the competitors’ website. It is always the best practice to keep track of competitors and make changes relevant to the current market.
- Your communication is ineffective. Hence, the website is one of the main tools to represent your business to the customers. Social media is great, but it always leads to the website. If your website is not up to date with your social media strategy then, “Houston, we have a problem”.
- Your products or services on the website do not match the ones you offer, and the product selection is not updated. It is even more critical to have a shop set up on your website. It is crucial to update your stock on the website.
If you noticed these or other signs, maybe it’s time to refresh your website. There are a few easy ways to refresh your website without having to invest a high amount of budget:
- Update your services or products on the website if they do not match the current ones;
- Update images of your products, services or the team;
- Choose a new font to give a fresh look to your website or rearrange the sections on the page;
- Change the colours of your website to bring that fresh new look;
- Updating landing pages makes them easier to navigate.
These are just a few things that can be done quickly. Implementing even these tiny changes in your website will improve your website’s performance. Having products and services up to date may increase your sales.
Also, you will inform your customers about new products available. Updating images on your website is always a good idea. It is always nice to see who is behind a fantastic company’s work.
Finally, changing or adding new fonts and colors to the landing pages can positively impact your customers. A new look may be more attractive, easier to navigate for your customer and improve the user journey. However, it is best to consult a web development agency when in doubt.
Read the full article here