Every digital agency eventually faces two core struggles: driving consistent customer engagement and ensuring regular revenue growth for yourself and your clients.
Fortunately, some tricks can provide help to quickly achieve all that and more. Email marketing stays one of probably the most effective ways to attach with customers and construct brand loyalty. DMA reports that a median ROI for an email marketing campaign is $44 for each $1 spent! Impressive, right?
But so are the challenges marketing agencies face in the case of email marketing.
Email marketing challenges marketing agencies face
With the increasing number of emails sent each day, it’s becoming harder for brands to chop through the noise and stand out of their customers’ inboxes.
The commonest struggles fall into 5 major categories:
Struggling with email deliverability
Getting emails delivered to customers’ inboxes is usually a major challenge, as many emails find yourself in spam folders or get blocked by email filters. Research shows that the typical worldwide deliverability rate is 80% (which is 10% lower than what we’d consider “good”!). while roughly 8% of emails find yourself in spam folders, and 16% more are blocked and recognized as spam by ISP gateway servers.
For example, imagine you sent out newsletters to your clients’ email lists only to search out that a big percentage of the emails find yourself in recipients’ spam folders or are blocked by email filters. This could lead to a lower open rate and click-through rate for the campaign, which can affect your relationship together with your client.
Maintaining customer engagement
Customers are bombarded with emails day by day, so capturing their attention and keeping them engaged together with your email campaigns may be difficult.
For example, should you created a series of engaging email campaigns for your clients, but soon learned that open and click-through rates begin to drop off after the primary few emails. This could indicate that you should refresh your content strategy or find recent ways to maintain your client’s audience engaged.
Customers expect personalized content that speaks on to their needs and interests. However, creating customized campaigns may be time-consuming and require loads of data evaluation, especially when you could take care of several clients’ contacts concurrently.
For example, you’ll have multiple clients with different goal audiences, making it difficult to create personalized email campaigns for every one. This could lead to campaigns that feel generic or irrelevant to the audience, resulting in lower engagement rates.
As agencies work with more and more clients, it might be difficult to scale email campaigns to fulfill each client’s unique needs and goals.
You may tackle more clients than you possibly can handle, resulting in difficulties in scaling email campaigns to fulfill each client’s unique needs and goals. This could lead to campaigns that feel rushed or poorly executed, resulting in lower engagement rates and potentially damaging your agency’s status.
It may be difficult to measure the success of email campaigns, as there are a selection of metrics to trace and analyze, and different clients could have different goals and definitions of success.
You may struggle to measure the success of email campaigns, as different clients could have different goals and definitions of success. For example, one client may prioritize click-through rates, while one other may care more about overall conversion rates. This could make it difficult for you to reveal the worth of your services to your clients.
To succeed at constructing email marketing campaigns for each of your clients, a digital agency requires a profound understanding of their clients’ needs and interests, in addition to the tech stack, to attain the specified results. After all, here, you’re not only responsible for your individual campaigns’ success. You must see all of your clients grow and excel as well.
How can marketing agencies get probably the most out of email marketing?
The answer is pretty easy.
Of course, you possibly can go ahead and chase each of the 5 challenges directly, however it often means dispersing attention and less impressive results. Instead, we propose tackling one or two issues at a time.
And one of the best place to start out can be to give attention to improving your overall email deliverability with the assistance of marketing automation software.
Marketing agencies must concentrate to those crucial components of successful email campaigns. High email deliverability rates and effective marketing automation strategies allow creating personalized and targeted campaigns that engage customers and deliver real results.
In this text, we’ll explore the importance of email deliverability and marketing automation and see how partnering with the right platforms can provide help to satisfy your customers’ needs and achieve success faster.
Understanding deliverability in email marketing
Email deliverability refers to the flexibility of an email message to successfully reach the intended recipient’s inbox without being blocked or filtered right into a spam or junk folder.
In other words, it’s a metric that shows how effectively an email campaign delivers the message to the client’s inbox. After all, what’s the purpose of sending an email if it could never reach the person you planned it for?
For marketing agency owners, deliverability is a vital component of successful email campaigns, because it determines how many shoppers will actually receive and engage with the e-mail.
What affects email deliverability
There are many the explanation why your email could wander away on its way or blocked by the recipient’s email provider. We’ll try to not get too technical here.
The hottest aspects that affect email deliverability are:
- the standard of your email contacts list
- the content of the e-mail itself
- email address authentication and status
- email filters and spam blockers utilized by email providers.
By prioritizing email deliverability, you possibly can make sure that your clients’ emails reach the fitting inboxes and achieve the specified results.
How to enhance email deliverability
As you possibly can see from the list of probably the most critical aspects that affect your deliverability rates, 3 out of 4 are under your control. That’s why an inexpensive email deliverability rate is commonly expected to be 95% or higher. Most brands would actually like to go after 99%+, but more on that in just a few moments.
But the more emails you’re sending, the upper the prospect that more of them will bounce. That’s why it’s all the time best to bear in mind these email deliverability best practices:
- Pay close attention to your contact list hygiene. Any email marketer knows – that the standard of your contacts is the crucial success factor for your email campaign. Of course, we seek advice from list segmentation that ensures your subscribers only get content most relevant to their interests. But also, let’s not ignore list management, i.e., removing contact duplicates (if any), identifying spam traps, or just ensuring you simply engage with lively subscribers. Fortunately, you don’t have to do this manually, as plenty of automated services are dedicated solemnly to email list hygiene (like Alfred!)
- Make sure you email clients with probably the most relevant content. Everything, from the topic line to a header image and a final signature, must be optimized to let the e-mail service providers (ESPs) know that the knowledge you’re sending can be useful to the recipient. Stick to a consistent schedule in your sending and make sure that people expect to receive emails from you unless you’re looking forward to receiving some hearty spam complaints and damaging your domain status.
- Work in your domain status and authentication. Simply put, if the e-mail provider sees that many individuals don’t open your emails, it’s more prone to stop delivering it to them completely. To avoid that, try using a custom email domain (i.e., [email protected] as a substitute of [email protected]) and, in case you or your customers must send lots of emails in bulk, dedicate a while to IP warmup (start sending smaller batches of emails and grow your sending over time). Don’t ignore essential authentication protocols: Sender Policy Framework (SPF), DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), and Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (DMARC).
If it sounds easier said than done, it’s since it is. There are, nevertheless, ways to make it easier. That’s where marketing automation solutions are available in.
How email marketing automation helps agencies improve email deliverability?
First of all, let’s get the definitions out of the best way and clear up what email marketing automation is.
When we discuss email marketing automation, we typically mean software and technology that help speed up some of the core processes of putting together, running, and analyzing an email marketing campaign. This can include all the pieces from segmenting email lists based on customer behavior and interests to creating and scheduling automated email campaigns triggered by specific actions or events.
The many advantages of email marketing automation for digital agencies
Email marketing automation solutions may be particularly helpful for digital agencies.
First, it permits you to create more targeted and personalized email campaigns tailored to every customer’s specific needs and interests. For example, personalized subject lines alone can generate a 50% higher open rate for email campaigns! By automating tasks like list segmentation and triggered campaigns, you possibly can make more efficient and effective campaigns that deliver higher results for your clients.
Better yet, account managers can save lots of time and resources by automating repetitive marketing tasks, freeing up time for more strategic and creative work. This way, your clients will profit from a fresh human perspective and flawless machine-like execution. You can truly give them one of the best of each worlds!
But what about email deliverability specifically?
Automation also can play a critical role in ensuring high deliverability rates for your email marketing campaigns.
By automating tasks like list management, email authentication, and status monitoring, marketing agencies can improve the standard of their email lists and reduce the danger of emails being blocked or ending up in a dreaded spam folder.
Email marketing automation software also can provide help to maintain strong sender reputations by monitoring metrics like bounce rates and criticism rates and taking motion to deal with any issues that arise.
Automated campaigns may be designed to adapt to changing deliverability conditions, resembling changing email client algorithms, by implementing dynamic content and adjusting email sending schedules.
Basically, email marketing automation software helps digital agencies optimize email campaigns for deliverability, ensuring that your clients’ messages reach their intended recipients and achieve the specified results.
By leveraging the ability of automation, agencies can create more efficient and effective email campaigns that engage customers and drive revenue growth. This, in turn, translates into certain substantial advantages for the agency itself, resembling:
- greater scalability
- improved performance
- faster client acquisition
- prolonged customer retention
Just one query stays. There are lots of email marketing automation firms on the market. How to maintain track of all of your clients’ campaigns and maintain a way of control?
Choosing a marketing automation partner program that can be right for your agency’s business model
Imagine if all of your clients had different email marketing automation solutions for you to maintain track of. Again, there are many. So irrespective of how well-integrated each platform is, it’d put your digital agency in quite a pickle.
That’s why your best bet here is to select for your clients and put money into an answer that will satisfy most of their needs – a single platform for all of your email marketing efforts.
How to decide on one of the best marketing automation platform?
At this point, you might be wondering methods to ensure your chosen platform can be one of the best.
Unfortunately, there’s no universal answer for that. Instead, there’s a set of aspects you should take into accounts while deciding on which marketing automation provider to partner up with. These aspects are:
- Available integrations. You could have persuaded your customers that working together with your really helpful marketing automation tool is one of the best option. Still, they likely produce other essential tech stacks for their sales, customer support, and paid campaigns. So unless you’re willing to advertise an expensive CRM that may tackle all these directly, your best bet can be the marketing automation provider offering probably the most integrations.
- Easy-to-learn software. Many of these partner programs don’t expect the agency representatives to be savvy in marketing automation, yet, you continue to must give you the option to clarify to your clients how the system works and why you select this platform specifically. Different account managers must give you the option to understand marketing automation quickly. That’s why it’s best to make use of software with a low entry threshold. And, when unsure, you possibly can all the time opt in for the partner program that comes with a dedicated sales and onboarding specialist from the marketing automation solution.
- The marketing automation platform can handle large email-sending volumes. Let’s not ignore deliverability! Many automation providers concentrate on assisting small businesses or firms with relatively modest contact lists, which is perfectly nice. But since you may have several clients who’re greater than prone to have just a few mailing lists – it’d be sensible to look for a provider who knows methods to achieve high deliverability without sacrificing the number of emails sent.
- Revenue sharing model. Just since you will use one other company’s services doesn’t mean you shouldn’t profit from the processes. Make sure the reseller program is suitable for your agency and that the corporate you’re partnering up with understands your needs. For example, the GetResponse MAX Partner program is designed with marketing agencies in mind and offers as much as 50% commission for your complete customer lifetime, so you possibly can rest assured that it would be an excellent fit.
- Reliability and credibility. Partnering up with a marketing automation solution makes you the platform’s ambassador of sorts. So, it’s only natural for you to wish to represent the toolkit you possibly can personally vouch for. There are many agency-friendly partner programs on the market, but only a particular few will offer you enough product knowledge, marketing materials, and software training for you to give you the option to effectively communicate its value to your customers. Some would even go so far as including the partner certification program, ensuring you’re an equal partner expert on this relationship and not only a reseller.
So, how crucial email deliverability and marketing automation for agencies really are?
Email marketing automation offers a proven and effective strategy for delivering high-quality campaigns that engage customers and deliver results for agency clients in a rapidly evolving marketing landscape.
Deliverability could make or break the effectiveness of an email campaign, making it essential to take care of a powerful sender status and employ best practices to avoid spam filters. In turn, marketing automation helps agencies achieve high deliverability rates by streamlining list management, authentication, and status monitoring.
What is more, with the assistance of automation and now AI, agencies personalize and goal their email campaigns, enhancing engagement rates and driving revenue growth.
But it’s not enough to use marketing automation to attain high deliverability for all of your client’s campaigns. You should be backed up by reliable experts who can provide tech support and relevant training if required.
By partnering with marketing automation platforms, digital agencies can access cutting-edge technology and tools, allowing them to achieve a competitive advantage while expanding their revenue streams.
Read the complete article here