TikTok is a completely different kind of video platform, and so if (as a digital marketing agency) you want to make ads that connect with people, you’re going to need some different strategies.
In this article, The Good Marketer is going to cover everything you need to know about making TikTok ads that get results.
How Is TikTok Different From Other Video Platforms?
TikTok is a video platform that allows users to create and share short videos. It’s owned by ByteDance, a Chinese technology company that also owns Bytedance, a news aggregator app; Toutiao, a news-reading app; and Duoshan, an English learning app.
TikTok has over 500 million active users worldwide and is available in more than 15 languages.
In addition to being a mobile-first platform where people can watch videos on their phones or tablets, TikTok takes advantage of social media features such as comments and likes.
Users can follow their favorite creators through the app’s “following” feature or add them to their friend list so they can see new content from those TikTok users’ accounts whenever it posts it on the platform—a lot like Facebook or Instagram!
Are TikTok Ads Right for Your Brand?
You may be wondering, “Are TikTok Ads right for my brand?” The answer is a resounding yes. TikTok is the fastest-growing social network in the world and has over 1 billion monthly active users, making it one of the most popular video platforms on the planet.
It’s also a great way for brands to reach young people—TikTok recently released its 2019 Global Instagram Report which revealed that TikTok is now the most popular social network among teens and young adults worldwide (for reference, Facebook came in second).
If your target customers are between 13-24 years old and you want to reach them on mobile devices, then a killer TikTok Ads strategy could be perfect for your product or service!
- Sponsored Lenses.
- Sponsored Stickers.
- Sponsored Filters.
- In-Feed sponsored videos are a great way to reach the right audience on TikTok, especially since it has over 100 million monthly active users and many of them spend hours watching videos on the platform every day.
Now that you understand the basics of TikTok ads, let’s take a look at some creative ad formats.
- Text overlay: This is the most traditional format and can be used to show off your brand’s personality or highlight any important information about your product or service.
- Video: Videos are an excellent way to share your message with users in a way that grabs their attention and keeps them engaged for longer periods of time than text overlays.
- Carousel ad: Using multiple photos in one ad is a great way to show off multiple products or services at once while also showing users more content from your brand!
What Is The Audience Demographics Of TikTok?
TikTok is one of the most popular social platforms in the world today and has a massive audience that you can tap into to create a winning ad campaign.
TikTok’s users are young and diverse, with an average user age of 25 (with 80% being under 35). While most users are based in North America and Europe, there is also a large audience for TikTok in Asia.
As far as demographics go, TikTok appeals to people of all ages, genders, and ethnicities – so whether you’re looking for an older or younger market than normal, you’ll be able to find it on this platform.
TikTok’s analytics dashboard provides in-depth insights into how your ads are performing. You can see the number of views and impressions, as well as key details such as age and gender breakdowns.
There’s also a feature that shows which ad format is working best for you (video or photo). This can help you decide which strategy to focus on going forward.
To create a winning TikTok ad, The Good Marketer recommends the following:
- Create a unique ad that stands out. When you’re creating your TikTok ad, it’s important to make sure that you’re using tools and techniques that will help you stand out in people’s feeds. This means using vibrant colors and eye-catching imagery, as well as adding text that makes sense and is easy to read (and doesn’t detract from the rest of your content).
- Make sure your ad is relevant to your target audience. If someone sees an advertisement for something they aren’t interested in or don’t want, they’ll be unlikely to click on it or engage with it at all—so make sure that what you’re selling fits with who’s watching!
- Use good ad copy. The words used in your ads will determine whether viewers decide to watch them or not; so make sure that everything about those ads is clear and concise! If possible, try making some puns too — they’ll be more likely than others are when deciding whether or not something is worth their time because humor can sometimes go farther than other forms of communication would have!
Creating a winning TikTok Ad is easier than you think.
Read the full article here